Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Highlights

Monday I headed out with Gladys the nurse from WCIA to do a little teaching about HIV/AIDS at another local school. The CCU team left early for a day of fun rafting the Nile followed by a day of debriefing before they head to the US tomorrow. :(

Today we went to the Katonga slum to meet up with a CU Denver grad student class to host a medical clinic. I got to work alongside Sue Birch who lives part time in Steamboat. This is the slum that a lot of the women who go through the program at thread of life are from. It's also where Clinton's aunt lives. I was hoping to see her today, but did not.

Oh, PS- photos show how to carry twins in Uganda and I found a really big avocado. :) That is one thing I will miss about this place. Best avocados ever!









No comments:

Post a Comment