Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rough...

May 30

The last few days have been heavy. We spent Tuesday at the genocide museum in Kigali and at another memorial at a church outside of the city where thousands were slaughtered. I can't even write about the stories we heard. It's hard to believe this tragedy happened during my lifetime. We did have some time to process individually and corporately, but it's a difficult reality to wrap my head around.

Wednesday we said goodbye to the CMC team I have grown to love and crossed the border into Uganda. Today we drove home to the guest house, strangely it feels more like home to me now than when I left. A new crew from CCU in Denver arrived while I was gone and they seem amazing. Looking forward to making new friends, but also desperately needing some alone time. I am hoping to sneak away for some hermit time tomorrow to take care of me. While its been great, it feels a bit like I just did 3 mission trips each with different people and all back to back with no breaks. Here comes #4. And #5 will be with my family, I can't wait for them to get here! The count down is at 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment