Friday, May 3, 2013

Ready or not...

I just started reading this great book by a girl who moved to Uganda right after high school. Her account reminds me of my own love story with this country and its people, that I had forgot while living my comfortable American life.

As I took my hot shower in my comfortable hotel this morning and used a hair dryer for the last time in 2 months I realized I am laying some sacrifices on the altar... Comfort/ convenience/ luxury/ control... But I am trading them in for something better that I just have yet to experience. But I can't get there unless I loosen my grip and let go of the familiar. Fixing my eyes not on what I see... But on what is yet unseen.

I may not have Internet access for the next week or two, but you can follow my team on the PMI blog, it should be updated daily.

http://www.palmettomedical.org/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment